Sunday 18 March 2012

Peeta or Gale?

I hadn't planned on actually posting an opinion about this love triangle until I read the third and final installation on The Hunger Games trilogy, but I stumbled upon a book conversation that demanded on me commenting. So, I'll post here, too, which I prefer, for Katniss or generally, Peeta or Gale!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Well, the truth is, that I'm leaning more towards Peeta. But, not necessarily as a match for Katniss. I don't know if he's too good to be true, but he has proven in both books that he really does love her, as much as to sacrifice himself so that Katniss will get to live her life. He even implies that she should live and actually marry Gale in the future. I don't know if there really are people like this, but we're not talking about real life. We're just choosing the characters that suit us best.


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Although, Peeta is my favorite for all these reasons and many more, perhaps, Gale indeed would be a better match for Katniss. They're more alike, and he knows her better than everyone. And, I don't quite believe in real and deep friendship between the two genders. But, he's too tough for my tastes, and not gentle... At all! Of course that's because of how he's grown up, but well, that's the way his personality has been shaped and I don't really think he will change. And, I don't want him to. I just wouldn't prefer him!

And, of course there's still one matter that bothers me about both of these boys. Why did they both wait so much to declare their love for Katniss? They both had their reasons, but, jeez, it's just annoying. Or, maybe she was just too clueless to get a hint for what it is. Which, she is. But, anyway.

xcx

No comments:

Post a Comment