Friday 16 March 2012

Review of Catching Fire (THG #2) by Suzanne Collins

 I've noticed that the blurb of this book is quite vague, so I figured that was for nothing to be exposed. And, now I totally understand why!

Well, in the beginning the events went by quite fast. Sometimes I even felt that they were moving beyond my grasp. I wasn't sure if some events happened or were mentioned merely as plans of the future. So, I had to go back and read it all over!

But, then, when it came down to the "good" stuff, it felt like a punch in the gut. I even felt breathless. I couldn't believe it. And, I won't say more, because I want, I need, for the other readers to feel exactly the same things. I don't want to spoil anything.
This book was an amazing experience, and it should stay that way for everyone.

I'll just comment on the fact that Katniss made me very irritated sometimes, but generally I found she has grown up considerably since the last book.
And, of course Peeta! I've grown to love that boy. He even got me all teary-eyed at some point.
I think I finally lean to one of the boys of this love triangle.
Well, probably because Gale was quite good, at some points, but he'd never match Peeta, in my mind!

And, of course I have to mention that the third part of this book went by so quickly, with so many details, events, surprises, emotions, intensity.

Oh, gosh. I so desperately want now to get my hands on the third installation...

xcx

No comments:

Post a Comment