Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sorted into Slytherin.

In Chapter 7, we, along with Harry Potter, have to go through the process of being sorted into one of the four Houses. The choises, in case somebody doesn't know or just can't recall right now, are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin (with the order of the signs on the Great Hall).

So, instead of wearing the hat we just have to answer truthfully in a set of questions designed especially for this purpose, just like with the wand-choosing process. The only difference is that the questions that are used to sort us into houses are far more, and not all are used by one player. Every player answers about 7 (if my counts were correct) questions. But, no set of question I've seen is the same for everyone. My cousin had to answer almost entirely different question from me.

But, anyway. When I, UnicornHowl10952, started answering the quiz, I was so anxious.
I was thinking that I didn't want to be sorted into either Slytherin or Hufflepuff.
But, then again, I had to fully concentrate on answering the questions as honestly as I could master, so when the result came, it didn't really feel like a blow in the stomach or anything.
I was a Slytherin.

The disappointment was small and quite short-lived, though.
When I read the Welcome Message (designed for entirely this purpose, I may guess) I found myself feeling more and more happier with my result. Gradually I got to know more Slytherins, too, so I got sure that everyone that gets into a House should first see past the stereotypes that have been created by reading the books. I never liked Draco and I can't say I felt particularly sorry for him while watching the final Harry Potter movie.

But, that doesn't mean that all Slytherins are like Draco. And, especially it doesn't mean that being cunning is a bad trait.
An important aspect of Slytherins, that was referred in the welcome message, and that was also noted by me, was that when we are sorted in this House we feel about our fellow Slytherins like they are family.
And, we are family.
I've been going back to the message board of the Slythrin House whenever I can two days now, and I've seen how people rush to help other fellow Slytherins and answer their questions any way they can. Which isn't easy with the moderation measure going on, but oh well.

I've encountered only one or two people that have been a bit rude when answering.
And, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't the truth.

I don't have any other accounts, so I don't know what's really going on with the other houses, but just that. We, the players of Pottermore, seem to confirm certain stereotypes, as Slytherin is winning the competition for the House Cup, for the time being, Ravenclow and Gryffindor have been fighting each other very closely for the past two days, and poor Hufflepuff is so quiet (and, I almost wanted to say 'sweet'). Whenever we, Slytherins, challenge the Hufflepuff House noone accepts to duel with us. I've tried five times in a row. The first two I dueled (and won) and the next three I just got ignored. While when I challenged Ravenclaw, somebody accepted in seconds.

Anyway, all I have to say for now is that I'm a really proud Slytherin that tries for the best for her House. And, it doesn't mean that we're cheating, just because we're winning.
We're not doing anything less than what other Houses do.

Rumors say that Gryffindors even decided to sabotage Ravenclaws. Of course, maybe not all Gryffindor wizrds and witches, but see? We, Slytherins, haven't said anything like that. We're trying to do our best on our own. With our duels and potions without sabotaging.

xcx

No comments:

Post a Comment