Beauxbatons Academy of Magic
Beauxbatons Academy of Magic is the main magical institute of France. It is located in the south of France, outside the city of Marseilles. It is not far from the wizarding community of Enticelles. It is unplottable and disguised so that muggles and those wizards who do not know its location will be unable to locate it. Beauxbatons offers schooling over the course of seven years, the first year being for those students who are eleven years of age. Beauxbatons is a co-educational school that accommodates both male and female students. The students are separated into years instead of houses (i.e. First year students have their own dorm, second years have their own, etc.). The Beauxbatons uniform is a set of silk robes in powder blue.
Many classes are available at Beauxbatons, some which are mandated at most schools, and others that are exclusive to the school. Courses listed with a * are mandatory for students at some point throughout their school career.
- Care of Magical Creatures
- Defense Against the Dark Arts*
- Flying* (For first years)
- French History*
- History of Magic
- Muggle Studies
Clubs at Beauxbatons are similar to those at most schools, with a few unique additions.
- Quidditch Club - Students skirmish amongst themselves, learn new skills, and play matches against other schools.
- Gobstones Club - Fans of the popular wizarding board game can hone their skills and enjoy a good time playing this game every wednesday afternoon, during tea.
- Dramatics Club - A student production is put on each term by the dramatics club. It is usually a classical French production in the fall and Shakespeare in the spring.
- Choral Club - This singing club meets twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays to practice their vocal talents and occasionally perform in the nearby town of Etincelles.
Beauxbatons, similar to Hogwarts, operates on a birth record system where students are invited to attend after their names have been recorded on a special list. Students can also submit an essay, a letter of request from a parent, and a primary school record to be considered for acceptance if their name is not already on the list.
Students may enroll if they were born and/or raised for at least five years in any Francophone country - such as France, Belgium, French Canada, Switzerland, Haiti, French Africa, etc. French is the primary language of the school, although students are required to be proficient in conversational English before the beginning of their first term.
Beauxbatons faculty and students uphold a level of sophistication and require fine silk to be utilized for their uniforms. All students are required to have both common school robes and dress robes.
Mesdames' Uniforms consist of:
- Pale blue robes (fine silk)
- Pale blue dress (fine silk)
- Pale blue heels
An optional dress chapeau, or hat, is allowed during meals and lessons.
Messieurs' Uniforms consist of:
- Pale blue robes (fine silk)
- Black dress pants
- Pale blue dress shirts (fine silk)
- Black dress shoes
Information taken by http://vault713.com/bb/page.php?p=beauxbatons